+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use scuba diving tanks for air

Anyone use scuba diving tanks for air

I am thinking about getting a scuba tank for air at outdoor events ,anyone use them how long will they last . Any info would be great thanks

You'd probably be better off with a CO2 tank, since you wouldn't have to worry about moisture problems. I've heard of other people using them, too.
    Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises.

scuba tanks are ABSOLUTELY dry air.. however, as another said, look STRONGLY at CO2. Scuba tanks are VERY high pressure.. and CO2 are far lower pressure..
    part 2. is this for airbrush tattoo's? or full blown painting?
    if full blown, then you probably need a compressor. UNLESS you were just.. 'adding a name to a shirt' or such-not real intensive work.
    tattoo's are low pressure and as such a CO2 tank will last a bit, depending on the size.
    you cannot get a BIG scuba tank, but you can get a tall CO2 tank.

There are a bunch of threads on this board regarding both scuba tanks and co2 tanks. A simple search on either one of those phrases will bring up a ton of good information...

Of course you're always free to ask... just thought I'd point out the resources.
    Ron Brown
    GetNoticed Signs & Graphics

Whenever somebody says "it can't be done", they are usually interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

not scuba but fresh air tanks from work they last a long time bone dry but high pressure and some are heavy . but not any higher than a helium tank you see all the time felling up balloons . if you sensible i see know problem just make sure its fresh/breathing air and NOT repeat NOT!!! oxygen

RT
    don't worry about mistake's there the best teacher's

i think someone told me to use nitrogen if got one of these....doesn't freeze?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.....those who read Binary and those who don't.

i thought about trying nitrogen it has bigger molecules so I'm not sure how it would shoot its thicker and heavier that air

RT
    don't worry about mistake's there the best teacher's

Andy CO2 will more than do you unless you know someone to fill your scuba stuff

anyway what th f##k are you doing painting under water !!!????

definatly irish

oh i have belled you a few times but no answear im on the scrounge for that bosted infinity of yours i need a couple of seals and i would like to play around with the body if you still have it

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    i thought about trying nitrogen it has bigger molecules so I'm not sure how it would shoot its thicker and heavier that air

RT
    no-its more pure than air. air is 21% oxygen, the rest mostly nitrogen..
    nitrogen is now used in some circles to fill car tires as it has more difficultity in getting thru the rubber, hence it does go flat as fast..
    you would NOT, AFAIK, notice a difference in spraying it, HOWEVER, it might be best (same with CO2) in NOT spraying this heavily in a closed room, WITHOUT any air circulation in from other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpforjoy61 View Post
    anyway what th f##k are you doing painting under water !!!????
    Paul
    That's funny because when I was a younger sign painter and finally professionally developed in accord with my peers, we prided ourselves that we could sign paint lettering on ANYTHING except for water and air....heeheee
    JimmyG's Signs & hieroglyphics
    multi-media & some things get carved in stone.......
    66 & 44.....ya gotta push or pull what ya can't pour........

+ Reply to Thread