+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Airbrush For Custom Automotive Paint?

Lurker
    Sacramento, CA (school address), permanent address: Maidstone, SK, Canada

Best Airbrush For Custom Automotive Paint?

Looking to get my first set or airbrushes, I have all Iwata base and clearcoat full size gun, but was curious whether Iwata was the way to go for airbrushes as well? Or what model airbrush is the best from Iwata?

yep, explore the brand that you know already....the model of AB that you buy depends upon your budget...
    do your research, buy the simplest one first if you are not sure and then graduate...
    JimmyG's Signs & hieroglyphics
    multi-media & some things get carved in stone.......
    66 & 44.....ya gotta push or pull what ya can't pour........

Lurker
    Well let's say the sky's the limit

well then, buy 3 or 4 Iwata's and suit your needle nozzle sizes & paint cup capacities to the type of paints you will be using soes you can have dedicated AB's...
    JimmyG's Signs & hieroglyphics
    multi-media & some things get carved in stone.......
    66 & 44.....ya gotta push or pull what ya can't pour........

You already know the brand quality of Iwata...they are 2nd to none in the industry...(that is my humble opinion,,,)
    I use 5 iwatas on a regular basis for all of my airbrush work...
    the Kustom series Eclipse are excellent all purpose guns that are the staple of my business...they are slightly improved over the Eclipse CS...they have teflon coated o-rings so you can spray uros through them with more durability than before,..(and they were pretty darn durable before!) as well as the bigger color cup, so less time spent filling up...
    That is if you want gravity feed...
    if you are partial to the syphon feed guns, then the Eclipse BCS is a great choice...with the color cup underneath, you can hold a lot of paint, but it feels alot different in your hand due to the cup...so overall, it boils down to what feels good in your hand...

Now, the BEST Iwata offers is the Custom Micron. AMAZING gun....I just got the Kustom CM, and I am floored!
    I am partial to gravity feed guns, and this one is the big cahoona.

A little pricey, but if your trying to make a buck in the airbrush biz, then it only makes sense
    to invest in the best.

Don't bother messing around with the other brands, the Iwata line up are ALL good from the Revolution on up...

Now go to the Iwata website, do some research on what they have for your specific needs and wants and go get em!

Hope this helps abit, and good luck!

(oh, and welcome to the Forum!)
    Keep On Sprayin'
    Later,
    MOB
    web site: www.mobairbrush.com

Lurker
    The kustom cm it is then ha, thanks alot for the input, it's nice to hear from someone who's already experimented.

I'm with mob on that one. I started with the eclipse, bought another one and then bought the HP-C which I really love. recently purchased the HP-B but I really don't like the tiny cup at all. My next investment will be a kustom micron for sure. I always have 3 brushes goin, one with white, black and then one for diff colors. MP
    facebook.com/mikkelneeb

+ Reply to Thread