+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foose drawing kit

Foose drawing kit

Hi, I have just done a quick Google for a Chip Foose drawing kit with not much luck. Does anyone know where these are sold? Are they through Foose direct? They are basically a wooden box with pull out draws full of stencils, pens, paint etc.

Any links or info would be great !!

Cheers
    Kylie

I've never heard of the kit, but unless there is a screaming good deal on the stencils or maybe the box, why not just build your own "kit", that way you would get the components you actually like and would use, and you would get to choose the size of the kit. This would also keep your costs down from having some big old box shipped over there.
    I guess if you are a huge fan of someone, having their name, logo, or likeness plasterd all over your stuff is OK, but shy of DaVinci coming back from the dead, there aren't many artists I would want to advertise that way.

Yeh build your own kit and paint a foose design on it if ya want. The lettering would be ez to stencil. Good luck! Alan If would be on his website if he has a kit.

Thanks guys, I was on a UK car forum, and a guy bragged on about how his wife got him a this Foose kit. So perhaps someone over there has made an aftermarket kit and selling it. I emailed the guy privately asking if he he any idea where his wife could have bought it from. But now when I think about it, it was kind of rude me asking. And I havent got a respose from him.

I am not a fan of people logos branded everywhere either, but watching some of his shows he used some really nifty stencils I have never seen and really makes drawing these cars a kids game. After all its all technique and I am keen to get my hands on them.

Well, there is nothing on his website about any kit or stencils. From what I see in your photograph, he is using standard eliptical and circle templates in the kits. Did he say anything about the kits being sold on the show you watched?
    What was the show, and which episode was it? With that information, you could go to chipfoose.com, and go to the "contact us" section and ask them directly. I can't picture him using much in the way of preset layouts, they would be too limiting in the design and the viewing angle.

I get a news letter from foose and his crew and a few months back he had the artists kit listed but I havent seen them anywhere else since. The thing is i see the badger there but on the shows he uses an olympus I believe.
    http://airefxairbrush.webstarts.com/
    Never judge a man by the colors of his skin.

That's just a foose sticker with general supplies looks like to me. Looks like just a balsa wood box w/ supplies. If ya need help putting together a kit just let us know, we'll be glad to help ya so you won't buy a knock off kit. Foose has a good name and someone is just makin' money off all of his hard work and fame. Good luck, Alan

I emailed them a while back with no response and yeah just kinda asumed they werent doing them anymore.
    So are there well known websites for purchasing stencils for cars? I have done a google and theres pages full of garbage so thought its easier sometimes to ask here

I like Coast Airbrush, but there are lots of sellers out there, several of which are in Austrailia, and probably one or two in NZ.
    A lot depends upon what you are looking for. As you found their are tons of suppliers, but there are also tons of varieties in artwork too. You may find that cutting your own is the way to go for you.

The kit I was talking about didnt have any srencils for cars. It came with templates and shields for circles elipses and curves. All of those can be bought at any art supply store as well as the prisma color pens and pencils he uses.
    http://airefxairbrush.webstarts.com/
    Never judge a man by the colors of his skin.

+ Reply to Thread